Monday, February 13, 2017

Follow up (Feb. 13th)

We had a great practice today! I don't know about you, but time just flew by!!!

As I checked in with various departments, I heard good things were happening! Thank you all, for your time in research, organizing, sorting and all the prep work you are doing!

This week, please really, work your lines! Make time to drill them! Decide what works for you -  is it walking outside? spending time alone? practicing with someone? 

On Monday the 20th - we will have you acting without your script. You will need to say "line" when you need a line read to you. (Be sure to practice lines with a family member, to prepare you for this!)

Practice with your accents!!! Bring them to practice with you!!!

Please note: When I (Director Jennie) am working blocking, I care about your volume, expression, accent, and tone of voice. I really do. However, I am usually unable to stop and have you repeat lines to work these specific areas as my focus is on blocking. (What movement or action happens when you say . . .) This is why we have smaller groups or individuals working with Mr. Caleb and Mrs. Weimer on developing character. As well as the accent help you receive from Brenton. I know it's a lot to remember all at the same time, but I do want to see the results of their working with you while I'm teaching you blocking. You can do it!

I enjoy working with each one of you!

 Let's encourage each other within our families and friendships to be diligent in the roles we've each been given (whether behind set or on stage).

Happy Valentine's Day!

Director Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.